Yesterday I had the opportunity to co-host the Our Town internet radio show with Rachel Stovall (internet radio is one of the newest ways to use the web to reach potential customers). Our topic was New Year’s resolutions and we had a great time talking about them – what the most popular ones are and why they don’t work. If you missed the show, you can still listen to a recording. That’s the beauty of internet radio!
During the show I did a preview of this list of 5 Entrepreneur Resolutions to Make for 2014. This list (and this message to you) is the start of something new for me, which is to do a weekly List of 5 blog post and send you a message with that and other great resources for building your business. I’m calling this the CPL Solutions Newsletter. To give you a couple more examples, coming up in the next few weeks will be 5 Ways to Build Your Email List and 5 Reasons Networking Doesn’t Work. I’m keeping these lists to 5 quick things so they are doable for me (I could write forever – and then of course I would never get out a weekly newsletter) and you will know that you can go and read them without taking all day.
I am also making some tweaks in the way we send out emails, which means that soon you’ll be able to choose what you receive: the CPL Event Newsletter, the CPL Solutions Newsletter, or both. More on that in the weeks to come as I make a bit more progress on the tech side.
I could have postponed sending this until it was all perfect (nod your head if you have fallen into that trap more than once), but I didn’t want to wait to start providing you with a great resource. I’d love feedback on the list and to hear what your resolutions are for 2014.
Let’s get the year off to a great start!
5 Entrepreneur Resolutions to Make for 2014
As you make New Year’s Resolutions, don’t forget about your business. These 5 things will help you have a great year!
- Put yourself first. There is no business without you and let’s face it, it’s easy to ignore your own needs. Make time for yourself and nurture your life that exists outside your business. Hobbies, relationships, your health. It all matters and keeps you able to give your business 110%.
- Sync up your marketing. Chances are good that your target client and product offering shifted a bit in the past year. Take this opportunity to look at all your marketing pieces and adjust the messages so they match.
- Get feedback on your web presence. Most of us are out there on the web. A lot. Our information gets old and out of alignment and sometimes never even said what we meant in the first place. Have someone go out and look you up and get their feedback. Find out how you come across digitally.
- Connect with your circle. Don’t go it alone. There are other women just like you out there – entrepreneurs who are following their passion and might be struggling to make it happen. Rely on them. Learn from them. Don’t go it alone.
- Have fun and be happy! Remember, that’s one of the reasons you are here in the first place. If you are not happy running your business, you are doing something wrong.